IRC’s interview with Chad Jukes. Chad lost his limb while serving in Iraq and now is a prolific mountain climber. Follow his upcoming climb in Ecuador with the Range of Motion Project (ROMP) in July on our social media. Dan Easton, our Social Media Director for IRC, will also be climbing with Chad and the elite ROMP team.
Those who had enjoyed a considerable amount of independence in their youth, the time has come
when they need help from others as they were migrated to old age. Life is never static, and it
keeps on changing from time to time because change is the integral and inherent part of life.
Once you cross the fancy days of your youth and step into adulthood, life becomes more
challenging than ever. It took a big leap when you get older and started calling by the people as
The adult day care homes came up as a hope for many adults who are living a lonely and concise
life. They have given them many reasons to enjoy their adulthood, keeping aside all their worries
and tensions of life. Many daycare homes in the USA have gone to the extent of providing a
friendly and composite environment that even doesn’t get in their homes. The adult day
programs in Atlanta offer a welcoming environment to the adults by connecting them back to
mainstream society and expanding their outreach. They provide support and a needed break for
someone who cares for a loved one who is no longer independent.
Every adult is welcomed in an adult day care home.
The adult day care homes take care of every adult regardless of their religion, race, and ethnicity.
Caregivers in the Atlanta adult day care homes are not the ordinary people infect they are the one
who is not doing this just as a job but it’s is their passion and nature to help elders and share their
pain and joy. All the adults staying in the adult day care homes spent their day with loads of fun
and doing meaningful activities.
It is not that adult daycare homes only provide emotional or medical support to the adults; they
also facilitate adults by organizing musical events and taking them to cultural festivals. Some of
them hold weekly performances by local musicians and local entertainers. They also give them
the opportunity for interactions with pets and children, cooking projects, take them to nature
walks, games, parties, and yoga classes.
Who joins adult day care homes?
Adults in their 50s – 90s with some physical or cognitive behavioral problems.
Older adults who don’t wish to stay home alone all through the day.
Older adults can benefit from social interaction and a structured environment.
Adults who are abandoned by their family and they are forced to live alone.
Adults whose children are not living with them because either for work or study, they
have to live outside the town or country.
Loads of Surprises
It is not that the adults living in the Adult Daycare homes are entirely cut off from their families
and friends. This is not the case with every adult day care home because many Adult daycare
homes provide surprise adults’ by suddenly calling their family members and close friends for a
quick meet up or gathering.
As much as adults miss their family members, their family members also miss them equivalently.
Learn and earn schemes
Money adult Daycare homes also provide learning and earn schemes to the adults who want to
do something big in their life. It doesn’t mean that if you are elder or older, your professional life
is over. Many adults are still willing to work after their retirement from their professional life.
The adult Daycare homes provide equal opportunities for adults.
The younger generation may think that all of today’s technology is reserved only for their use, but that’s simply not the truth. Many areas of this digital age can greatly benefit senior citizens, and here are just five ways that older folks can use technology to enhance their lives.
1. Cellphones: Today’s seniors aren’t typically sitting home in rocking chairs or baking cookies. Active senior citizens may enjoy travel or fast-paced social lives, and this makes a cell phone the perfect way to keep in touch wherever you roam. While many phones are difficult to use and feature tiny buttons, there are some very easy to use cell phones for seniors that utilize large, easy-to-see buttons that are just perfect for the older population.
2. Advanced Recliners Nothing beats a hot massage at the end of the day. New technologies in recliners are ready for the 21st century. Today some power lift recliners heat, massage, and much more. They can even help you get up after your snooze.
3. Medical Alert Systems: If you’re a senior citizen who has been afflicted with health issues, then you can still live alone in your own home without fear. Many companies offer medical alert systems that allow you to wear a pendant-style device that can summon help with the press of a button. Others are programmed to call for assistance if a fall is detected, and there are even companies that track your movements through GPS so that you can be helped even when you’re away from home.
4. Computers: Internet companies are keeping senior citizens connected throughout the world. It’s a wonderful method of making new friends, joining groups with those who share your favorite hobbies and keeping up with local and worldwide news. Seniors may also keep up with their extended family and see related pictures through social media, shop online, research medical concerns and arrange for local services online.
5. Electronic Readers: Aging eyes can lose the ability to read normal-size print, and this is a great loss to those who have loved to read their entire lives. With the help of various tablets and e-readers, senior citizens can download books, newspapers and magazines, which can be read at any size that the individual requires. These e-readers can also change the brightness to suit your visual needs.